Sunday 22 March 2015

Birthday Shirt

Hi Everyone, It's been a while as I have been away in Spain for a couple of months getting a bit of sun to help get through the dreary winter in the UK.

I'm home again now and back in my sewing room. My first project has been a shirt as a 70th birthday gift for a friend. His wife emailed me his measurements so I'm hoping it will fit!! This is the first time I have made a garment for anyone other than myself or Hubby and I can tell you I was pretty nervous about it. In fact I will be until he opens it on 17th April and tries it on....


Small back pleat for a little ease.

The collar.

The shirt doesn't look brilliant on my 'female' dummy....

The cuff detail.

Have you ever made a gift for a friends' birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you

Sunny Top from Sew My Style Challenge