Having made [and blogged about earlier this year] curtains for our newly decorated dining room, I decided to make a set of placemats with the fabric leftover from the project.
I was inspired by Linda Lee's Craftsy Class on mitred corners so went on to make some napkins as well.
I started the first one having chosen a pretty stitch from my built in Janome Sewing Machine stitch library.
The only problem was the huge amount of thread it took so the next one I chose a less complex design. Now having two different napkins I decided to change the design for all of them which I now realise makes them even more interesting.
Here is a close up of the mitred corner on the underside. It was super easy following Linda's instruction and I was delighted with the results.