Friday 24 April 2015

Sleeveless Fleece - Gilet

I'm really happy about this fleece vest. I used left over fabric from a previous project [not enough for sleeves - hence the vest!!].
The fabric is so soft and warm and on breezy days during spring once my body is warm my arms are too [I am a naturally cold person and tend to cover up when other people seem to strip off].
 

This was made after taking a Craftsy Class however the tutor suggested using Foldover Elastic [FOE] for the sleeve bindings and I did order some online. However, I couldn't wait for it to arrive so used some of the contrasting fabric which now I think was the better option.

 I also lined the pockets with the contrast fabric and again the necessity due to not having enough of the main colour created a design by default which works.
 It's a snug cover up and will get a lot of wear.

The back view.

Have you ever created a design out of scraps and had to modify it due to lack of fabric or notions?

Must dash, I'm just off to get my hair cut ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you

Sunny Top from Sew My Style Challenge