I bought some plain green fabric to make some trousers and I added a little embroidery at the bottom of one leg. I made them out of about 1.5 metres of a total of 2 metres of fabric I bought whilst visiting Dorchester recently.
At the same time I also bought some green and yellow mix cotton to make a shirt that would tone nicely and go together.
So far so good.
Having finished the trousers I then set about designing how I would make the top and with the recent success of a blue short sleeved top [blogged here] using Sure-Fit Designs new 'V' neck shirt I decided to base it on the same pattern. I changed the top to have a deep yoke and wanted long cuffed sleeves but to keep the same roll collar and 'V' neck features.
I really love this neckline for a shirt as it gives it a distinct feminine touch and is so easy to achieve.
Using the left over green from the trousers for the yoke and upper collar on its own would be a bit - well bitty! I wanted to bring them together and sorted the exact shades of embroidery threads from my collections and then used these on a modified design to add interest on one side of the yoke, the opposite collar point and the cuffs.
I could wear the top with the white Butterfly trousers as the blue matches.