Pages

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Peplum Blouse

It's been awhile since my last blog and I have been busy sewing but I seem to read other blogs more than write my own so I really am trying to get down to do it more often. Apart from anything else it's a great way for me to store all my projects.

The pictures below show a peplum blouse based on Burda Pattern 110 from Sept 2014 issue. The pattern shows three variations with detachable cuffs and collar but I have decided to sew them on permanently. I added some thin elastic to the inside seam where the bodice meets the peplum and added the belt as you see.
I could also wear this tucked into a pair of white jeans with the belt through the jeans loops...
I had the floral fabric in my stash which I acquired some time ago and the teal was left over from another project. I bought the belt for 50p from a boot fair so this was a really inexpensive project that had me pushing my very amateur skills up a notch. The belt was a first for me but I'd definitely do it again as I think it brought the whole thing together. I will try to get some photos of me wearing it as it looks better on me than Dolly Model.

The next project to test my skills is a lined jacket using a basic idea from Wendy Mullins book of Coats and Jackets. I will report back when I've got stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you