Tuesday 26 January 2016

Raglan from Luxembourg Fabric

We had a trip through Europe last summer in our Motorhome and visited several countries [France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Switzerland] on our way to Venice in Italy. During a brief stop-over in Luxembourg I found an enormous and fabulous fabric shop where I bought just a metre of stretch jersey fabric. It cost €20.30 which is quite a lot for me to spend on what would be just a T-shirt.

I have had it in my stash for some time but when I found a similar weight jersey in black I immediately thought of the raglan T-shirt in Wendy's U-Stretch book so that is what it became.

It has an abstract design in pink, grey and black and has a fair stretch in both directions.

I used the black for the neckband to link the two sleeves and added a fabric band to the end of the sleeves as cuffs.


It was all made up very quickly using just my overlocker [serger]. 

I am really happy with the fit which is shaped where it needs to be without being too tight and the length is exactly where I like a T-shirt to sit on me.

It may have cost more than a cheap basic T-shirt from Tesco or Primark but it is the length and fit I want as well as being totally unique and that's why we all sew our own isn't it?




 This is a comfortable top that will get lots of wear in the spring on warmer days which I hope are not too far off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you

Sunny Top from Sew My Style Challenge